Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Burkina: Part 1











Last week I returned from a whirlwind week in Burkina Faso. Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso to be exact. Burkina is a smallish land-locked country in the Sahel region of West Africa.  Personally, it is the hottest place on the planet and covered with Mars like red dust/dirt. Typical of most West African countries the landscape doesn't blow my mind but the people and the textiles easily take care of the mind blowing!  Every 2 years in "Ouaga" there is a handcrafts show called, SIAO.  SIAO is predominately a retail show but they are trying to facilitate more professional buyer visits and I'm so happy that I could have been a part.  SO MANY BEAUTIFUL THINGS. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all.  Best in show for me was textiles and clothing from the Ivory Coast (pile of textiles and white dress at the bottom).  Can't wait to start working with them!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...