Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Proud Mary//Free People


Our 'Quill' fabric is one of my favorites. I love the royal blue color and graphic, bold print inspired by, wait for it...quills. We worked with a cooperative outside of Cape Town, South Africa to produce this fabric using potatoes as their printing tool. Pattern design and working with color combinations in woven and printed fabrics is my favorite part of this job. I've learned a tremendous amount about weaving and traditional textile printing techniques and love the process of combining a modern design aesthetic with age old methods of production. I was flipping through the new Free People catalog last night and almost jumped out of my chair when I saw this top. The pattern is VERY reminiscent of our 'Quill' pattern, very. What do you think?



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...